Thursday, October 2, 2008

Election Special

Dear Readers ***,

Late this month I plan on dedicating a week to examining how the presidential candidates have handled science and the environment during their campaign and how their prior voting record in the senate reflects their perspective on the issues. There are two items that I am definitely discussing, alternative energy policy and global climate change. I am looking for three more items to discuss here on the blog, and I thought I would put the issues up for a vote. Be sure to go to the comment section and argue why we should talk about the issues, as I may discuss a topic that doesn't get the most votes if there is passion for it from the readers!

Here are a few other possible topics:
* Air and Water Pollution
* Conservation Policy (including fisheries management, biodiversity and invasive species)
* Fossil Fuel Energy Policy
* Waste Management
* Agriculture
* Natural Resources (timber, metals, etc.)
* Funding of Science Research

Also feel free to present your own issues in the comments, if you have questions. Thanks for participating!

Owen

No comments: